How To Take A Step Guide
30 April 2019
The guide addresses six SDGs that touch upon our everyday lives, namely:
- SDG 1 (No poverty): Poverty influences all aspects of people’s lives, from health and nutrition to shelter and education. It can negatively impact the overall economy and society dynamics. Poverty fails humanity, take a step.
- SDG 4 (Quality education): Education helps reduce poverty, foster economic growth and even combat climate change. Quality education helps children and youth reach their full potential, become active citizens in society and shape the future of Lebanon, take a step.
- SDG 5 (Gender equality): Women and girls play an important political, economic and social role in our society. Women and men are responsible to fight for equal rights, end abuse and eliminate discrimination towards a more developed Lebanon, take a step.
- SDG 7 (Affordable and clean energy): Our lives revolve around energy: in the lights we turn on, the air conditioning we use and even the car we drive. Affordable and clean energy benefits education, health, running our businesses and creating new jobs, take a step.
- SDG 14 (Life below water): Oceans regulate our life, from the oxygen we breathe to the mild Mediterranean weather Lebanon is known for. If we do not help conserve our waters and the life in them, we would be risking fishermen’s incomes, destroying our coastlines and changing the Lebanon we know today, take a step.
- SDG 16 (Peace, justice, and strong institutions): Citizens also have a key role in ensuring peace, justice and strong institutions. Informed and aware citizens can help lead to a just life, free from fear, violence and corruption, take a step.